INDEX

Monday, August 28, 2023

DAY1

 DAY 1- CHALLENGE

Challenge 1-Tenses

Simple present tense

Affirmative
Negative
Interrogative

Challenge 2-Idoms
Once in a blue moon.
The ball is in your Court


Challenge 3- Phrasal Verb
Wake up
Sleep in

Challenge 4- Verb
Want
Play


Sentences: -

Challenge 1-Tenses

Simple present tense



Challenge 2-Idoms
Once in a blue moon.- Rarely - This charming phrase is used to describe something that doesn’t happen often. 

  • I remember to call my parents from my study abroad trip once in a blue moon.
  • I use this application once in a blue moon.

The ball is in your Court- It’s up to you- It’s your move now, but this idiom refers to life rather than a sport. If you’ve got the ‘ball,’ the decision is yours and someone is waiting for your decision.

  • Don't keep your ball in your court.
  • How many times I have told you not to keep the ball in your court. 
  • I have done my part now the ball is in your court.
  • Why do you always keep the ball in your court.
  • Why did you keep te ball is in your court.
  • I always tell my team throw the ball in other's court, not to keep the ball in your court.
  • I've done my part of the project, and now the ball is in your court to complete your tasks.
  • You've seen the options for dinner tonight. The ball is in your court to choose where we go.
  • I've shared my thoughts on the matter, but the ball is in your court to decide what's best for the team.
  • You have all ingredient and the recipe. The ball is in your court to make the delicious meal.
  • I've set up the meeting now the ball is in your court to prepare the presentation.
  • I've done my part in the negotiations, now the ball is in your court to make the final decision.
  • I've introduced you to everyone at the party. Now the ball is in your court to socialize and have a good time.
  • The car is ready for the road trip, the ball is in your court to pack your bags and be ready on time.


Challenge 3- Phrasal Verb
Wake up- rouse from sleep or to become conscious after sleeping. It is commonly used to describe the action of opening one's eyes and becoming alert and aware after a period of sleep. Here are a few examples of how it can be used in sentences:

  • I need to wake up early tomorrow for work.
  • She didn't wake up until noon because she stayed up late last night.
  • The loud noise outside woke me up in the middle of the night.
  • It can be difficult to wake up on cold, winter mornings.
  • I set multiple alarms to make sure I wake up on time.

Sleep in- to continue sleeping longer than one usually does or later than one's usual waking time, typically implying that someone is staying in bed longer than usual, often because they have the opportunity to do so. It's often used in situations where there's no need to wake up early, such as on weekends or during holidays.

  • I love to sleep in on Sundays; it's my one day to relax and not worry about getting up early for work.
  • She decided to sleep in and skip her morning class because she was feeling tired.
  • It's a rare occasion when I can sleep in, so I'm going to make the most of it on my day off.
  • Don't forget to set an alarm; otherwise, you might sleep in and be late for your appointment.
  • I enjoy sleeping in when I have a chance, but during the workweek, I must wake up early.


Challenge 4- Verb

Want-
Play 





No comments:

Post a Comment

FROG hard work

  Once upon a time there was a deep hole in the center of the village. 5 frogs slipped into it and tried to jump out, but they failed again ...